The SFX Girls Volleyball program was founded in 2012, and offers the opportunity to learn skills and play competitively. The goal of the program is to develop team members’ volleyball, athletic and critical sports thinking skills in an encouraging, supportive and fun environment. This year we are offering Club Volleyball and a Winter League.
Our third SFX Volleyball Club season has kicked off with three competitive teams in 14s, 15s and 16s. We will attend 7 tournaments, including ending our seasons at GEVA Regional Championships. Check back throughout the season for tournament results and other season information.
Winter League is a developmental volleyball program focusing on building skills through drills and competitive intramural play. We will form teams with assigned, experienced coaches at each age group for three-hour practice / scrimmage sessions for seven Sundays, starting January 22, 2017.
Age Group Definitions
- 12 and under: Players born between September 1, 2000 and August 31, 2002
- 13s / 14s: Players born between September 1, 2002 and August 31, 2004
- 15s / 16s: Players born between September 1, 2000 and August 31, 2002
Dates & Locations
- Jan 22, Jan 29, Feb 5, Feb 12, Feb 26, Mar 5 and Mar 12, held on two courts at PS 282, 180 6th Avenue, Park Slope.
- 15s / 16s: 2:30 – 5:30pm
- 13s / 14s: 2:30 – 5:30pm
- Jan 22, Jan 29, Feb 5, Feb 12, Feb 26, Mar 5 and Mar 12, held on two courts at Berkeley Carroll Athletic Center, 762 President St.
- 12 and Under: 2:30 – 5:30pm
- $350 per player
For additional information, please contact Sean Edgar.