SFX Youth Sports is a recreational organization that teaches fundamental skills through teamwork and good sportsmanship. Our coaches and leadership follow a set of basic principles, and expect parents and guardians to reinforce these principles on the field.
SFX Youth Sports Principles
- Teach all children to play fair and do their best;
- Positively support all managers, coaches and players;
- Respect the decisions of the umpires;
- Praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game.
- I will respect my child by not forcing him or to participate in sports.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, and do everything in my power to make sure my child does not feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed time and place
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the children, coaches or other parents.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol; I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or sporting event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or gestures.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
NYC Code § 10-138 is STRICTLY ENFORCED by SFX Youth Sports, and any offensive behavior during games or practice by any official, coach, parent, player, spectator or other participant that violates this law may result in that individual being immediately banned from the ball field. Additional sanctions may be imposed including a permanent ban of said individual, INCLUDING THE PLAYER, from all activities sponsored by SFX Youth Sports.